Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The role will be based in IT and some travel will be required.
This role is all about making Amazon Transportation Services the best it can be. So, it’s analysing and reporting on our daily, weekly and monthly operational, service, productivity and customer experience metrics.
You will use your intuition and data analysis skills to spot trends and opportunities to more effectively prepare workforce planning and reduce costs, while boosting performance.
Your role will also be to provide new analytical insight into issues we have, whilst suggesting mitigating actions to address adverse trends.
You will report to the Production Control Manager and you’ll work with our Business Partners to support all operational targets and get involved in our strategic operational planning. This means mining complex data warehouses and making sure all of your analyses are accurate, timely and completed to a very high standard.
However, you won’t stop there. Casting a critical eye over your own work, you’ll streamline our processes, improve operational efficiency, customer service and operational compliance.
You’ll also influence UK/EU-wide financial planning and analysis projects, you’ll work with senior-level staff closer to home. So you’ll have every chance to make a name for yourself on a national and international scale.
As an experienced Business Analyst, you will have a proven track record within an analytical role and possess the following skills and experience:
• Strong tactical level operator; thrive on analytics and detailed investigation; able to coordinate workload and link pieces of analysis together
• Technical Expertise- in-depth knowledge of planning and analysis tools; solution driven approach to system and process; advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Access/other Database). Knowledge mix Essbase; Cognos; SQL; PHP; would be beneficial.
• Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources, probes/considers all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conducts root cause analysis; refers to long term plans and goals; prioritizes key factors; acts decisively, promptly and confidently; complex analysis
• Ability to work to tight time frames and deadlines and ensure that all parties are providing key information on time for effective reporting of KPI’s and metrics.
• Generate buy in from all parties to ensure all data is collated in a timely manner.
• Escalate and articulate where the obstacles are in achieving objectives.
• Significant experience in operations supply chain analysis/ financial analysis, business process analytics
• (MS Excel, MS Access/other Database). Knowledge mix Essbase; Cognos; PHP; would be beneficial along with experience of SQL
Experience within the Transport, Distribution or Logistics industry would be highly desirable.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.