*This role will be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.*
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Financial Analyst to become a key member of its Accounting organization. The role is based in Amazon's European head office in Luxembourg and has responsibility for the controllership and accounting function in support of its EMEA operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the individual will drive cross-border projects and develop best practice in processes and controllership on an international level.
Candidates for this position will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level, who thrive in a challenging workplace environment, and can actively contribute to supporting our growing activity in Europe.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for European entities under US GAAP within relevant deadlines;
· Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations;
· Leading financial statement reviews under Local GAAPs;
· Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders;
· Working closely with business partners in the EU, and globally, to maintain efficient and compliant accounting processes, effective controls and identify process improvement opportunities;
· Actively participating in improvement initiatives, standardization, re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices, working closely with systems teams and demonstrating strong understanding of financial accounting systems;
· Actively participating in cross functional project launches from scoping through testing and launch;
· Conducting thorough analysis of complex accounting issues and preparing US and Local GAAP technical position papers.
· University degree in business/economics/accounting;
· Must hold CPA, ACCA, or similar credentials
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably, partly gained within one of the 'Big4' combined with an experience of working for a medium to large international company, in a fast-paced and changing environment;
· Experience working with IFRS or US GAAP and in the preparation of financial statements;
· Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines on critical projects
· Detail-oriented yet able to reflect on and understand the big picture;
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent in business English;
· Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude;
· Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
· Experience in using SQL is a plus
· Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams and in a fast paced company