Medical Scientific Liaison - Bone Patient Value Unit Bone
January 15, 2020
Location: Lazio, Toscana, Umbria, Sardegna, Italy
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our newly created Patient Value Unit Bone, based in our affiliate in Lazio, Toscana, Umbria, Sardegna, Italy, we are looking to fill the position of: Medical Science Liaison - Bone.
Are you scientific by nature and known for your inspiring ways? At UCB, we like to think of you as a 'scieninspiring' person. This extraordinary mix of talent means you excel at blending a learned approach with fresh ideas to improve patients' lives.
As a UCB 'scieninspiring' person and Medical Science Liaison - Bone you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Provide customer value by engaging in a peer-to-peer two-way scientific exchange to harness and augment the expertise of the customer.
* As a trusted scientific partner throughout a product's life-cycle impact the business strategy, UCB's strategic roadmap and therefore directly improve patient care by gathering/sharing crucial insights.
As a UCB 'scieninspiring' person and Medical Science Liaison - Bone you will contribute by:
* Developing and maintaining individual Medical Plans for key customers in line with Area Medical Plan objectives
* Managing territory effectively with approximately 70-80% of time focused on customer interactions
* Offering scientific support to customers in the context of hospital meetings, local scientific exchange meetings, congresses, medical education or publications
* Maximizing site performance and supporting clinical trials and non-interventional studies, strong therapeutic expertise (scientific, clinical, disease states, and treatment alternatives knowledge within the therapeutic area(s)) to support tactical execution of key UCB medical strategies
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Medical Doctor (MD), PhD in Natural Sciences or PharmD preferred
* At least 3 years of experience in a comparable role
* Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
* Ability to actively listen and process information to identify opportunities
* Business acumen with a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare
* An ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
* Therapeutic area knowledge is a plus
* Dynamic person with strong value commitment