Solid Waste Construction SuperintendentJob Description
Supervise construction crews to build landfill gas distribution projects.
* Supervise a crew to install landfill gas systems.
* Attend pre- bid and pre- construction meetings.
* Work with site engineer/QAQC and project manager to keep project on budget and schedule.
* Help estimator and project manager produce production rates for estimates based on the pre bid meeting.
* Read drawings and set up laser to shoot grade.
* Instillation of flares, blowers and other mechanical equipment.
* Train construction personnel.
* Follow all maintenance and safety procedures.
* Operate fusion equipment, excavator, off road truck dozer efficiently on slopes.
* Receive and record materials checking them against the takeoff created by the project manager.
* Follow up with the subcontractors on the project site making sure they are on schedule.
* When doing the project recognize out of scope work and bring to project managers attention so change orders can be presented to the client in a timely matter.
* Maintain records and daily diaries for production reports.
* Maintain and adjust machinery to ensure proper performance.
* Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
* Repair or replace defective parts of machinery.
* Install well heads, valves and pumps.Basic Qualifications:
* Proficiently operates hand and foot levers to insure proper operation of assigned equipment.
* Have a knowledge of safely operating assigned equipment.
* Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
* Performs maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment. Preferred Qualifications:
* May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Typically reports to a project manager. Other Details:
HAZWOPER Certification is preferred but not required with 8 hour refresher course.
APTIM is a leading global provider of integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, program management, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.Requirements